Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

You might have noticed that things went on hiatus here at INK ROCK.  It was summer.  It was hot.  And for a minute there, I think I melted in the brains a little.  Did I mention it was hot?  The situation called for a vacay getaway.  More of the beach, more time to dig back into that sequel.

Vacation didn't extend only to me.  The publishing industry takes a little time off for the summer.  And now, with Labor Day behind us, the industry is back in the swing of things. 

In other news: football started!  Both of them!  My Auburn Tigers are back and, strangely, considering their death-walk schedule, winning.  That's college football, for those who might have missed last year when...ahem...we won the national title.  In other football news, soccer has started again though, with the heat, it's still a bit like playing on the surface of the sun .  We won our first game 3-1.  I had a goal pulled back for offsides.  Which I totally wasn't.  Okay, maybe I was.  And I missed side netting on a half volley.  Boo that, too.  In the English Premiere League, my Newcastle United ain't doin' half bad either!

So, in short, we're back and looking for great stories inspired by interesting places.  Football distractions aside, look for regular posts coming weekly!


2 comments:

  1. It'll be great to have you back! And I couldn't believe Auburn's comeback, in that first game. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is all about those distractions! My son is thrilled football is back too - and hockey. Offsides always seems so subjective in soccer - I'm sure you were onside! :)

    ReplyDelete