Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The horror.

I think I've stared at this screen a hundred times, trying to use this keyboard to achieve some kind of catharsis with regard to these feelings I have about those twenty babies stolen from this world. What I realized is, there really isn't anything that can be said that will make it make sense.

Evil is senseless.

Every day I look at my nine-month-old child and fear for him growing up in this world. And now that a few days have passed since the tragedy, political lines are being drawn, and I see people digging in their heels to defend the need for more guns.

More guns.

I just...I don't understand. Sometimes I feel like I don't know this country at all. As far as I know, the modern interpretation of the Second Amendment has never protected us from any foreign entity. Yet, we're killing each other or ourselves to the tune of twelve thousand deaths a year. I'm fairly certain the intent of adopting the Second Amendment wasn't so that we could wage war against fellow citizens.

More guns.

I don't know. I'm so sad, so angry for what those children had to experience in their last moments.

I hope the world changes for the better because of this. It's what those kids deserve. It's what we all deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment